With a strong emphasis of quality over quantity, our routine 30-minute appointments provide Dr. Rod ample time to learn about your pet’s medical history, complete a 15-point comprehensive examination, and consult with you regarding any questions or concerns you might have. All of our clients leave with a comprehensive understanding of their pet’s health care needs and a written report of our medical findings and recommendations.
Understanding that your time is valuable, Prairie Ridge Veterinary Clinic provides a wide array of pet care services in one easy location, eliminating the need to travel from place to place. Our on-site services include:
- Pet wellness care—Just like the rest of your family, you pet needs regular health exams to ensure proper health and keep current on vaccinations. Dr. Rod looks forward to this time with each of his clients to discuss any questions or concerns you might have and update your pet’s “health report card.” Packages are available to ensure your pet receives everything he or she needs.
- Veterinary surgery—Whether planned or unexpected, a pet going in for surgery can be a stressful time. During the surgical procedure, our staff will care for your pet while providing you with frequent status updates. Following any procedure, a surgery dismissal appointment will allow you ample time to meet with Dr. Rod to answer any questions, discuss his findings, and review recommended follow up. Follow-up calls from the vet clinic in the days following a surgical procedure provides us with the opportunity to see how things are going and to answer any questions you may have once home.
- Diagnostics and internal medicine—Waiting is never fun, especially when waiting to hear about the health of your pet. Our on-site diagnostic lab means quick turn-around time on ordered tests and procedures, allowing us to develop a prompt and accurate treatment plan.
- Pet dental care—Pets are just as susceptible to tartar buildup and gum disease as you are. An annual pet dental visit includes a comprehensive exam of your pet’s teeth, as well as time with Dr. Rod to develop or review an at-home routine to help maintain the smile of your four-legged family member for the year to come.
- Pet boarding and grooming—Everyone deserves to be pampered, and our pet boarding and animal grooming services are just the place to do it. Whether it is caring for your pet while you are away, or giving extra loving care during a bath and coat trim, our staff looks forward to this extra time with your pet.
“Dr. Yetter’s professional & compassionate care enabled us to have Lady as a member of our family for over 17 years. Through his knowledge, extensive research, and willingness to reach out, he provided Lady with a long quality life in spite of numerous health issues. We are eternally grateful.”
— Diane & Terry Svob
“Dr. Yetter and the staff at Prairie Ridge have given excellent care to my family of pets for about 20 years. I always feel comfortable asking questions and knowing I will get complete, caring answers. Dr. Yetter researches to find the best treatment options. My cats and dog are family to me, and we trust Prairie Ridge Veterinary Clinic.”
“We are so grateful for the hard work and extra research Dr. Yetter did for our Tansy-cat to find out why she wasn’t eating. If there is a time when your most precious friend is ill and you need to trust someone to care for them, Dr. Yetter is definitely that person! He went above and beyond to do everything he could to save our beautiful Tansy.”
— Tom & Bev Berberett
“My pets have been patients of Dr. Yetter and his great staff for many years, and I have always been grateful for their efficiency and helpfulness. Having good care right here in Havana is a big plus!”
— Jan McFarlin
“I began to bring in my labs into PRVC when I started working there, and was happy to have such a caring and knowledgeable doctor to take care of two of my best friends. It always amazes me just how much care goes into each and every animal, let alone the perseverance of Dr. Yetter and staff (I should call them family) in working out how to treat each and every problem.”
— Chris Johnson