Quality Veterinary Care vs. the All-in-One Low Cost Clinic
Everyone loves a good bargain, and it’s easy to get caught up in the illusion that a “larger clinic must be a better clinic”. But, when it comes to your pet’s health, the temptation to seek low cost veterinary care or “all-in-one” mega clinics can sometimes jeopardize your pet’s quality of care. Quality veterinary care often costs a little more, but the thoroughness and excellence in service, as well as the personal attention you and your pet will receive, is a testament to why low price or slick marketing isn’t a substitute for quality.
Selecting a veterinarian is more than just a quick decision based on price or convenience. The veterinarian you choose will be a partner in your pet’s quality of life and longevity – a trusted source of pet care expertise and exemplary veterinary care. You should feel confident in your veterinarian, as well as the veterinary technicians and staff who will also get to know you and your pet.
Characteristics of Quality Veterinary Care
Whether it’s the personal touch of the connection your veterinarian has with your pet, or the skillful and knowledgeable approach to individualized treatment, every pet owner has a list of personal reasons for choosing a specific veterinary hospital.
When you are seeking excellence in veterinary care, here are some characteristics that generally typify a superior veterinary practice.
- Clean, modern facility that is both organized and welcoming
- Well-explained philosophy of care that focuses on enhancing quality of life
- Allows for pet owner questions and consultation time
- Follows up after treatment or surgery to ensure the pet is healing and recovering
- Is transparent and communicative – empowering you to understand your pet’s condition and treatment options
- Maintains accurate and detailed medical records
- Has access to advanced anesthesia monitoring equipment, imaging technologies, and in-house laboratory or an external laboratory that provides fast, accurate results
- Encourages partnership with specialty veterinary practices and offers referrals
- Strong sense of teamwork and rapport between staff members
- Encourages continuing education and training for all professional staff
- Doesn’t try to be the “everything” clinic, but focuses more intently on core areas of expertise and personalized care
- Offers dental care as an integral component to a pet’s overall well-being
- Customizes vaccination and preventive schedules to fit the age, health status, and lifestyle of the individual pet
The Personal Touch of a Small Veterinary Clinic
As veterinary clinics become more competitive and driven to provide everything under one roof, sometimes the quality of care is lost amid the quantity of services. This high volume approach can result in less time spent with pet owners and their pets, overlooked details that could impact diagnosis, and a substandard level of care. At Prairie Ridge Veterinary Clinic, we strive to provide our clients and their pets with services that enhance quality of life. Our holistic approach to your pet’s care includes wellness examinations, dental care, life stage care, pain management, advanced diagnostics, and surgical care.
We have extensive experience treating cat and dogs – and, also horses, sheep, cattle, and goats. Prevention is the foundation of our services – which is why your pet will always be treated like an individual with customizable wellness care needs.
When you are seeking a veterinary team that takes the time to get to know you, treats you as an extended member of the family, and puts the care of your pet or livestock first, we invite you to get to know us! Give us a call today to schedule a consultation or to learn more.
“Dr. Yetter’s professional & compassionate care enabled us to have Lady as a member of our family for over 17 years. Through his knowledge, extensive research, and willingness to reach out, he provided Lady with a long quality life in spite of numerous health issues. We are eternally grateful.”
— Diane & Terry Svob
“Dr. Yetter and the staff at Prairie Ridge have given excellent care to my family of pets for about 20 years. I always feel comfortable asking questions and knowing I will get complete, caring answers. Dr. Yetter researches to find the best treatment options. My cats and dog are family to me, and we trust Prairie Ridge Veterinary Clinic.”
“We are so grateful for the hard work and extra research Dr. Yetter did for our Tansy-cat to find out why she wasn’t eating. If there is a time when your most precious friend is ill and you need to trust someone to care for them, Dr. Yetter is definitely that person! He went above and beyond to do everything he could to save our beautiful Tansy.”
— Tom & Bev Berberett
“My pets have been patients of Dr. Yetter and his great staff for many years, and I have always been grateful for their efficiency and helpfulness. Having good care right here in Havana is a big plus!”
— Jan McFarlin
“I began to bring in my labs into PRVC when I started working there, and was happy to have such a caring and knowledgeable doctor to take care of two of my best friends. It always amazes me just how much care goes into each and every animal, let alone the perseverance of Dr. Yetter and staff (I should call them family) in working out how to treat each and every problem.”
— Chris Johnson